Operations Associate Job Description
The New York City Master Chorale (“NYCMC”) seeks to fill the part-time position of Operations Associate.
The mission of the New York City Master Chorale is to connect people through choral music by presenting high-quality concerts inspired by the distinct energy, diversity, and talent of New York City. NYCMC is a choral community dedicated not only to an inclusive, social atmosphere but also to performances of the highest caliber. The chorale is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization governed by a volunteer board of trustees.
We are hiring for a non-exempt position at approximately 8-10 hours per week, with the potential for more hours during busy periods (typically concert weeks, 3x per year) and likely fewer hours when the choir is not in session in June/July. This position requires some in-person hours at our rehearsal locations in Manhattan and requires a complete Covid vaccination.
- ● Self-directed
- ● Organized
- ● Proactive and clear communicator
- ● Aligned with mission and values of NYCMC
- ● Some knowledge of music / musical organizations
- ● A high level of proficiency with Google Docs and web-based email design (Mailchimp)
- ● A high degree of attention to detail, and the ability to produce accurate work with limited direct oversight
- ● The ability to work effectively both independently and in close collaboration with teammates and volunteers
- ● A desire to learn new skills and technologies
- ● Ability to move from big picture ideas to the details of implementation and back again, adjusting programs and activities as conditions or feedback require
- ● Finding and booking rehearsal space and concert venues in partnership with Artistic Director and Board
- ● Writing and sending donor thank you’s on behalf of the board
- ● Ordering and distributing music for the chorale
- ● Managing organization’s Google drive account
- ● Managing the updates of the organization’s website
- ● Managing NYCMC singer management software
- ● Periodically assist with updates and posts to the organization’s social media channels
- ● Setting up rehearsal space and staffing information table; performing other organizational tasks during rehearsals on Wednesday evenings
- ● Managing ticketing volunteers for concerts
- ● Scheduling and managing auditions process in partnership with Artistic Director
Compensation and Benefits:
Position is part-time hourly non-exempt without benefits; compensation is $20-$25/hour, depending on experience.
Interested parties should submit the following items:
- ● Cover letter
- ● Resume or curriculum vitae
Materials should be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Review of applications will begin on 11/1/21 and continue until the position is filled. Initial interviews will be conducted via telephone with the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees, and finalists will be asked to meet remotely via Zoom with other members of the Board of Trustees.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.